Neurontin is used for treating seizures associated with epilepsy. Neurontin is an anticonvulsant.
Use Neurontin as directed by your doctor.
- Take Neurontin by mouth with or without food.
- Do not take an antacid containing aluminum or magnesium within 2 hours before you take Neurontin.
- If you are taking half of a scored tablet as your dose, take the other half of that tablet as your next dose. Throw away any half-tablets not used within several days of breaking a scored tablet.
- Do not suddenly stop taking Neurontin. You may have an increased risk of side effects (eg, seizures). If you need to stop Neurontin or add a new medicine, your doctor will gradually lower your dose.
- If you miss a dose of Neurontin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Neurontin.
Store Neurontin at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Neurontin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Gabapentin.